About Sagana Biotech
Sagana Biotech provides high value consultancy services and strategic analysis to biotechnology companies and their founders, their investors and their leadership.
Sagana Biotech facilitates successful corporate development and value creation, assisting its clients in technology transfer, founding, start-up creation, financing, due diligence, business and competitive intelligence (technologies, indications, therapies, market and competition analysis) corporate in- licensing, out-licensing, academic and corporate partnerships and company transactions.
Sagana Biotech also supports the process of investment decisions of investors in biotechnology and evaluates existing portfolio companies as well as new investment opportunities. Sagana Biotech also invests in selected biotechnology companies.
Company Foundation and Development
- Support on research proposals, business plans and investment presentations, including work plans, milestones, timelines, and financial planning
- Create and support funding strategies, including support on grant writing, reviewing Letters of Interest (LoIs) or Term Sheets, representation at investment meetings
- Support and negotiating from Term Sheet to closing, contract review Assist in technology transfer
- Coaching in pre-seed and start-up programs like EXIST, GoBio, m4 award, HTGF, BayernKapital
Corporate and Business Intelligence
- Perform competitive intelligence analyses: technologies, markets, compounds, indications, etc.
- Market and competitor analysis, competitive landscape.
- Market research through in depth competitive intelligence.
- Assist in developing and reviewing business plans and investment proposals
- Identify issues and create action plans that impact successful corporate development, financing and investments
- Assessment of all kinds of investment opportunities: from start-up financing to in/out-licensing and mergers and acquisitions
- Strategic consulting with emphasis on corporate and business development
Transaction and Licensing Support
- Drafting and negotiating deal structures and deal terms
- Assist during negotiations with potential partners
- Support on interactive determination of deal terms and deal structure regarding upfront and milestone payments, royalties agreements and other aspects of compensation packages (equity investment, R&D funding, options, etc.)
- Support and negotiating from Term Sheet to closing, contract review
Team - Profile
Dr. Bernhard Wimmer works since April 2014 as founder at Sagana Biotech. Consulting emphasis is on coaching of company foundation processes, building up biotechnology companies, transactions, business development, business and competitive intelligence and especially strategic and corporate development.
Bernhard is co-founder of Trianta Immunotherapies GmbH, which was acquired by Medigene AG in January 2014.
Previously Bernhard was Investment Director at BioM AG Munich Biotech Development and has more than 14 years of experience in founding, building, strategic development and financing of companies in the biotech sector. While with BioM AG, Bernhard was responsible for the management of the whole investment portfolio, helped creating 15 companies, consulted more than 40 teams at foundation of a company and co-designed, negotiated and closed more than 80 financing rounds and transactions (including M&A, IPOs, licensing agreements, etc.).
Office 089 / 23967454
Mobile 0152 / 286 00 843
Dr. Bernhard Wimmer
VAT Reg. DE219766149